I wasn’t very excited for my own graduation. Or at least I expected myself to be far more excited than this.
Though that was the case, I had a lot to be thankful for about this special weekend:
- My whole family (except one selfish brother) came to celebrate with me.
- I got to spend quality time with Chris (and even met his parents XD)
- I looked acceptable by my standards (though a bit unsatisfied with the makeup)
- Several people from the actuarial division were present and we had opportunity for a group photo
- My photographer friend Tristan was available and willing to work on a photoshoot checklist that I made
- I am not close with this batch of graduates (neither with my own), so got to skip the group photos and was off to a head start with the checklist before the venue got very crowded
- Almost every item on that checklist was checked (Jenny where were you? D:) and a few surprise items happened as well (my mom and Dr. JD’s first meeting, my first pic w/ the oblation statue, etc.)
- The logistics involving my family went smoothly. Contrary to what I expected, I didn’t get stressed!
- It didn’t rain! Except for when my close friends and I were already safely celebrating in a restaurant
- First picture with my video gamer/anime lover friend Lance! And David gave me a creative grad gift 😀
- I had graduation photos with the PSG team and Dr. JD invited us to her residence for a graduation dinner
- Update: I didn’t need to pay anything for my grad photos because they only took 7/10
All in all it was a good experience. Hopefully my next graduation ceremonies (hello grad school!) will be at least as nice 😀